Thursday 2 August 2018

Department store ARCHIVES - Bloomingdale's Mall of America Bloomington MN

Bloomingdale's at Mall of America opened in 1992 It was a fixture of the malls original tenant lineup
Escalators well 2nd floor
(Grazzini Bros.)
 

Escalator well 3rd level
(Grazzini Bros.)

Exterior
(Labelscar)
 It had a large escalator well with a giant skylight. The exterior was white marble with a large clock tower it became a local "landmark" of sorts.


Skyways to parking
(Biz journals)

3rd floor
(Barb tweed)
It lasted until 2012 when parent Macy's inc closed the store. The space has been divided between LL Bean, Forever 21 and Crayola experience. The second floor remains mostly vacant.

The skylight
(Barb tweed)


1 comment:

  1. I used to have a the outlet store Bloomingdale’s at my outlet mall it shut down in January 2022 because of Covid-19 I don't remember going to Bloomingdale’s I went to 2 Bloomingdale’s one in orlando and one at my outlet mall

    ReplyDelete

End Of Retail OF Yesteryear

I am making this post to announce the end of this blog. I am Moving on to a new project entitled The Department Store Archives. That project...